I'm sorry, there is no bento post this morning because the two girls didn't go to school.
I made this for tea yesterday - "Daigaku Imo" a.k.a candied sweet potatoes.
Japanese sweet potatoes - 300 g - wash clean with skin intact.
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Shoyu - 1 tsp
Black sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp - toasted
1. Dig out the 'eyes' from the cleaned sweet potatoes.
2. Cut sweet potatoes like 'fries', in long strips.
3. Steam for 5-10 minutes in steamer - check for 'done-ness' using a skewer.
4. When ready, pat dry the sweet potatoes and deep fry in hot oil until brown.
5. Drain on kitchen paper towels.
6. In a shallow non stick skillet, cook sugar, water and shoyu over medium heat.
7. Stir until sugar has dissolved and cook until bubbles appear.
8. Once the sugared sauce turns thick and has a glaze or gloss (caramelize) , turn off the fire.
9. Toss the deep fried sweet potatoes into the caramelized sugar and mix gently.
10. Quickly toss the toasted black sesame seed on top before the the caramelized sugar sets.
This is a very nice Japanese desert. Please try it.
How's your spelling?
|Your Spelling is Perfect|
Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
|You Are Cilantro|
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.