Thursday, April 17, 2008

Christmas Fruit Cake

I know Christmas season is over but I thought I'd share this very easy Christmas fruit cake recipe. I was cleaning out my fridges today and found a left over fruit cake from last Christmas. When cut, the fruit cake was still moist and I could still taste the Brandy. My mum has little to compliment me on my cooking skills but she raves about my fruit cake!! So it must be pretty good!! Hehehe!!

Christmas Fruit Cake

Ingredients:

(A)
375g Sultanas
250g Yellow Raisins
300g Black currants
130g mixed peel
130g glazed red cherries (halved)
130g apricot


250g Anchor Butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Brandy
1/2 cup water

(B)
5 eggs
1 tbsp treacle
2tsp grated orange rind
2tsp grated lemon rind


1 3/4 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self raising flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate

1. Chop ingredients (A) and mix them up in a thick, heavy bottom pot.
2. Add brown sugar, Brandy and water.
3. Put the pot over medium fire and add the block of 250g Anchor butter. Allow butter to melt and glaze the fruits.
4. Leave aside to cool.

When the cooked fruits has cooled down, mix (B) into it.

5. Fold in the flours and bake for 2 hours and 45 minutes @120 degrees C.
6. When fruit cake is ready and cooled down, wrap in foil paper and leave in a cool place (no refrigeration) and cut after at least one week.


My mum's tea today!!




2 comments:

Nightwing said...

Nice one...I love fruit cake..

Thanks for sharing the recipe..:)

javapot said...

hey i just noticed this!
tks for sharing the recipe, your fruit cake looks yum.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Learn a WORD a day!

How's your spelling?

Your Spelling is Perfect
You got 10/10 correct.

Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
You Are Cilantro
The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.