Since #2 insists on eating lunch at home, I have to cook. #2 doesn't like to eat fried rice unless it's Salmon and garlic fried rice so I have to resort to Donburi meals.
This afternoon, we had Tri-color Donburi, in Japanese - Sanshoku Donburi.
Tri-color Donburi (Sanshoku Donburi)
Steam 1 cup of rice
150 g ground chicken
A squeeze of ginger juice
1 1/2 tbs of soy sauce
2 tsp each of sugar and sake
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
6 lady fingers or French beans
1. Mix ground chicken with ginger juice, soy sauce, sugar and sake.
2. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until almost dry. Be careful of heat, do not scorch meat.
3. Mix the eggs with sugar and salt.
4. Cook in another saucepan over medium low fire. Stir egg mixture with four chopsticks to achieve fine crumbles.
5. Boil lady fingers or French beans in salted water till done.
6. When done, slice them diagonally.
7. Place the steaming hot rice in a serving bowl and arrange the chicken, egg and lady fingers.
Have you ever seen lady fingers this color? I was quite intrigued and bought some home to try. The seller claim to be from Janda Baik and selling organic vegetables. He said that once the lady fingers are cooked, they turn green!
True enough, if you look at the second picture from the top, it shows the cooked lady fingers in 'light green', the darker green ones are the original green lady fingers pictured below.
Original - green lady fingers.
Other Donburi recipe: Salmon Steak Donburi