A close up of the chicken katsu donburi with a drizzle of Bulldog sauce.
Chicken Katsu Donburi
Chicken breast meat
Pepper and salt
Katakuriko (potato flour)
Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet.
2. Dust pounded chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare 3 plates to contain the panko, beaten egg and katakuriko.
4. Prepare a frying pan with some oil for frying.
5. Dip the marinated chicken first into the katakuriko and coat well, then dip into the beaten egg and finally into the panko.
6. Fry till brown and allow the oil to drip dry into some kitchen paper.
7. Slice accordingly and top with Tonkatsu sauce (tastes like Worcestershire sauce) a.k.a Bulldog sauce.
8. Top it into a bowl of steaming hot rice and viola you get a Donburi!
Bob apetite or should I say Itadakimasu! LOL!
The original recipe is called Tonkatsu which uses pork fillets. I've used chicken fillets as an alternative here.
Other related Donburi posts: Tri-color Donburi
Salmon steak Donburi