Occasionally, I treat myself and the girls with SPAM. More often than not, I would make Spam Musubi.
This is an all time Hawaiian 'sushi' favorite! Much as I have heard about Hawaii, I have never been there. But thanks to the internet, I've visited many interesting sites and learnt many different but interesting recipes. I have also found out that the Spam Musubi is an icon of the Hawaiian local cuisine, and are sold practically everywhere in Hawaii.
1 can of SPAM
2 cups of rice
2 1/2 cups of water
**sushi vinaigrette for rice
1/4 cup shoyu
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1. Slice the SPAM and marinate in oyster, shoyu and sugar for at least 15 minutes. Remember to flip over to marinate the other side.
2. Wash and cook the rice - 2 *cups rice and 2 1/2 cups water.
*The cup used here is from the rice cooker. One cup from the rice cooker cup is equivalent to three quarters of the standard measuring cup.
Don't ask me why because that's what I found out when I made comparisons. And that's why I don't like using 'cup' measurements for baking, I find it inconsistent.
3. When rice is cooked, mix sushi **vinaigrette as you do for sushi rice.
(**this is optional, but I like the combination). Leave to cool.
4. Prepare a 'box like' container if you do not have a sushi press.
5. Meanwhile, oil a pan and start frying the marinated SPAM. Some parts will caramelize and turn black because of the sugar but it's delicious, just don't burn it!
6. Stuff the sushi rice into the sushi press and compact the rice into a firm block. Remove rice block out of the sushi press and line top with fried SPAM.
7. Wrap with a piece of Nori.
8. Slice the block of Spam Musubi into six or eight pieces (depending on the size of your sushi press).
How's your spelling?
|Your Spelling is Perfect|
Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
|You Are Cilantro|
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.