Monday, June 8, 2009

Another recipe uploaded in Smilebox

This is the second week of the midterm holidays in Malaysia. School begins the coming Monday. It's been busy, busy, busy!

I cooked this sometime back and had wanted to post it up to smilebox. I finally managed to. It's really simple and you can improvise with meats or carrots and potatoes too. Someone brought this dish to a potluck dinner and just rattled the ingredients. I re-created the taste by memory.

After adding the seafood in at the end, add salt and pepper to taste. Eat it warm with baguette or simply with Spaghetti Alio Oglio! Yummy!!!!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Italian Seafood Stew
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




#2 had her school choir over for a pot luck party last night and I enjoyed listening to the angelic sounds they produced! Well done Harmonix A & B!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been a silent reader for awhile now, and i just want to say how lucky your kids are to have a mum like you, who'd support their child in everything, and is willing to spend so much time on them n with them.

i wish my mum were more like u,i think that's what a young adult growing up in this world needs the most=)

i hope your kids know how lucky they r!

God bless.

Bento Pet said...

Anon: Thank you for the affirmation. I think ALL mothers want the best for their children regardless of how old their children are.

Only thing is, expectations and ability varies and one's strength versus another is different.

I grew up with a "Great Cook" for a mother but because of circumstances, she didn't have much time to spend bonding with me.

When I got married and had my first child, I made a conscious choice to make a difference by addressing what I (thought I) missed during my growing years and tried to make up the difference in this journey with my children.

It has been a rough and tough journey of slips and falls but I've learnt to hang on to one thing my parents taught me and now my husband and I share with our children, it is the faith of our religion.

Along the way, I found that the faith that my parents shared with me was really what helped to smoothen the rough patches and heal the nitty gritty grinds which could have blown into larger and more painful situations.

However difficult or rough the journey, we know that with God all things are possible.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Learn a WORD a day!

How's your spelling?

Your Spelling is Perfect
You got 10/10 correct.

Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
You Are Cilantro
The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.