Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bento #21

I normally post the morning's bento after my girls leave for school but today is really, really late - 11.20p.m. Sorry to those of you who came by but there was no update earlier.

The left bento contains mini pancakes with strawberry jam sandwiched in between. There is a 'bear' shaped egg and fried spring rolls - this was a request again.

In the right box are sandwiches I prepared last night. I try to 'sneak' in whole meal bread into their bento whenever I can so I made a triple decker with either wholemeal bread on the outside or the slice in between two white slices. For filling, I fried slices of SPAM lightly and laid on buttered bread. Between the next two pieces of bread I added a slice of cheese. So it was "bread - cheese - bread - spam - bread". I wrapped it up in cling wrap and left it in the fridge last night. The kids loved it!

I skewered some edamame beans to fill up the space. Added some 'energy' food - banana dusted with cinnamon sugar!

2 comments:

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

yumyum how could u resist eating them urself? hehe do u eat the same thing for lunch too?

Bento Pet said...

mommibee: Like most mums, I am guilty of eating the left overs! Whatever half's or one thirds that are left, I have them for breakfast. If there aren't any left overs then I either make myself something nicer or I skip breakfast depending on the day's schedule.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Learn a WORD a day!

How's your spelling?

Your Spelling is Perfect
You got 10/10 correct.

Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
You Are Cilantro
The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.