Friday, June 13, 2008

Excursion Bento

We're off to Sungai Klah Hotsprings with some of our Church Youths. I packed a bento for hubs and I to snack on in the car. The youths together with my daughter travels in a 44 seater bus.

My bento box contains Tamagoyaki - cut to resemble a heart shape. There are 3 pieces of peanut 'muah chee' (mochi) which I bought at a Nyonya stall this morning. Lots of crunchy vegetables and crabsticks to dip in thousand island dressing. Yummy!!



I added another picture to this post after I got back from Sungkai.
I made Tuna Onigiri with sesame seeds and furikake and some futomaki for my daughters and their friends for tea on Friday when we arrive Sungkai. They finished everything during tea. *Slaps forehead* Just four girls and they could finish so much!

The picture is a little dark, as usual I didn't check because the girls were ready and waiting to tuck in to the food when I wanted to take the picture.

4 comments:

sting said...

the onigiri looks great and with furikake... *slurp* :-p

btw, where did you get the egg mould that you showed in once of your previous post on bento tools? I couldn't find it in Jusc and Isetan.. or did I go to the wrong department? I was searching in the kitchen's department, where they have those onigiri moulds...

Bento Pet said...

sting: egg moulds are not available in any of the local stores - as far as I know.
I made a swap with someone in Singapore and she bought it from Daiso. You can use some of the Onigiri moulds or 'face' moulds as an alternative.

allthingspurple said...

i would have finished that off too, and more !! looks delicious !

Bento Pet said...

allthingspurple: thanks for the compliment! This is an all time favorite and when I remind them that they are supposed to be 'on diet', they turn around and ask 'what diet?'. Hahaha! When there's good food, diet is out of their vocab!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Learn a WORD a day!

How's your spelling?

Your Spelling is Perfect
You got 10/10 correct.

Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
You Are Cilantro
The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.