Monday, September 8, 2008

BENTO #127

I'm still working on my post on the Bento Party. I thought that I better update this morning's bento post first.

Today is a long day because #2 begins her Piano Theory classes to complete her Grade 8 early of 2009 before she finishes her final high school year. Her practical piano Diploma is in December of 2008 (edited). So she has double music class - first session from 1.30p.m. - 2.30p.m. and the second session from 4.30p.m. - 5.30p.m. and Add maths tuition @ 8.00p.m. - 10.00p.m. - all happening on Monday!!! AGgggghhhh......!!!

She had a performance on the night of the Bento Party last Saturday and I was really pleased that she delivered her piece beautifully.

This morning's bento is a 'quick fix'. Over the weekend I was so busy and didn't stock up on vegetables for this week's bento. (I'm going to the supermarket afterwards).

I've been 'instructed' to go GREEN this week. Unfortunately nothing is green other than the silicon cup and accessories! LOL!

You can see a side box of crinkle cut apples on the top left corner. In the left box, is some duck meat fried with fresh shitake mushrooms and some tomatoes in Oyster sauce. There is a piece of Korean rice cake for snack. The Korean rice cake is filled with sweet azuki beans and is very delicious.

Over in the right box is some crinkle cut carrots, cherry tomatoes and a tub of Thousand Island salad sauce.






p/s: Roast duck + Shitake mushrooms + tomatoes + oyster sauce = awesome taste!

15 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Bento Pet!
I did not take any pictures so most of us are patiently waiting for your update!

Duck meat sounds and looks yummy!

3lilangels said...

I can just taste the awesomeness of the duck meat. Mmmm. I'd better go eat my sad lunch now.

Btw, no pressure on the Bento Party update. But i've been stalking your blog this few days. Haha. Allthingspurple and Cooking Momster didn't take much photos, so we are all relying on you. Still no pressure...

Emily said...

Yes, Bento Pet, no pressure.....

...... we are all relying on you.... no pressure.....

nobu said...

Can you buy duck meat in meat shop or supermarket in your country.

Unknown said...

Hi Pat. I hope you had a nice weekend. Was just wondering if you received my 2 sms-es sent yesterday at 3pm and 3:30pm. Perhaps we can arrange to meet another time? take care!

3lilangels said...

Two comments from Emily already - looks like she's really stalking you... no pressure..... haha, Emily, you cracked me up.

As for me, I'm not stalking you. I forgot to say that the crinkle cut apples and carrots provided a nice, fancy touch to the bento. Something that I'll be copying.*_*

sting said...

wow! she's one active girl ya :-) all the best to her

Par said...

like how you cut the carrots.

Bento Pet said...

emily: Sorry for the late response! *Pengsan* so busy!

The roast duck IS yummy!

Bento Pet said...

3lilangels: All pictures are up! I'm NOT pressured! LOL!!!

Bento Pet said...

nobu: There are lot's of shops selling 'Duck rice' where I live and we're actually spoilt for choice.

Bento Pet said...

yozo: Yes, a little too late! Sorry!! Will see you this week end. Let's re-confirm it on Sat ok! Thanks!

Bento Pet said...

3lilangels: Be my guest! I'd be honored. It's an old trick, look here: http://bp0.blogger.com/_lyYHUFjhrw0/RtGNmEHFUYI/AAAAAAAAAWw/fTQVtK3kc0Q/s1600-h/P1010042.JPG

Bento Pet said...

sting: Thanks! When the kids get active, I think the mum's got to double up the rhythm to keep up!

Bento Pet said...

ms______2 be: I like it too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Learn a WORD a day!

How's your spelling?

Your Spelling is Perfect
You got 10/10 correct.

Your spelling is excellent. You also have a great memory and eye for detail.
You Are Cilantro
The bad news is that there are some people who can't stand you.
The good news is that most people love you more than anything else in the world.
You are distinct, unusual, fresh, and very controversial. And you wouldn't have it any other way.